On a groundball to your left
Ball to 1st baseman:
1) Call “You!”
2) Sprint to 15 ft in front of the bag
3) Run parallel to baseline
4) Receive ball and touch bag
5) Break down, remain parallel to baseline
6) Turn quickly back to the infield
7) Ready to make a play
Ball to 2nd baseman
1) Read first baseman. If he’s far off bag follow the above.
2) If first baseman on bag, sprint to within 5 feet of baseline (halfway to first)
3) Let runner pass
4) Sprint to foul territory ready to back up throw from 2nd baseman.